Tiggys' Place Pet Supplies - Data Protection Statement
For Employees, Customers and Suppliers
(in accordance with European Legislation - GDPR)
Personal Data Definition - Data which by itself or with other available data can be used to identify an individual.
Data Controller - Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd
Data Protection Officer - Julie Pickett, 90 West Street, Portchester, PO16 9UQ
Customer/Individual - Current or potential customer of the data controller
Personal Information/Data - Any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified including name, address, user profiles, etc.
Sensitive Personal Data - Data such as personal health is only collected for employees in the interest of their own wellbeing.
Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Data Protection statement describes how Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd uses personal information about prospective, current and historical employees, customers who order directly with us via email, phone, in person, via facebook or through our on shop and suppliers.
How Tiggys' Place Pet Supplies Ltd uses Personal Data:
Tiggys' Place Pet Supplies Ltd uses customers personal identifiable information to continually enhance our service, through sending proportionate information about Tiggys' Place's services using a lawful basis called legitimate interest.
Tiggys' Place Pet Supplies Ltd will only use your personal data when the law allows us to, most commonly to process orders, respond to queries, inform you of product updates/promotions and local charity events as outlined below:
- To contact customers regarding general information/advice about products or nutrition.They will only contact people according to their preferences, if customers have not stated that they wish to hear from them, Tiggys Place Pet Supplies will remove their details from their records.
- To obtain a delivery address and email/text number which will only be used to confirm delivery date/time or any follow up questions regarding the specific delivery.
- Payment systems to process transactions (Tiggys' Place sales). To take card payments which will be done via paypal. No details except paypal user ID and email/text number (if given by the customer) are stored by Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd. Customers are requested at checkout on the website to add an email address or text number to send the invoice to and are verbally asked if they would like to provide an email address or text number to send the paypal receipt to in the shop. Tiggys Place Pet Supplies do not have access to card/account numbers etc, this is held with Paypal and falls under their data protection.
- To ensure that content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Accounting/Auditing purposes.
- Market research / analysis / statistic to improve the service provided by Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd.
- Marketing Communication - regarding business/product updates and events Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd will be attending/hosting.
- Newsletter (monthly - aim to start Summer 2018)
- Loyalty Cards.
- Tiggys Place will use contact details such as home address, email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and social media profile to contact customers regarding non-payment.
- To inform/follow up suppliers of an order placed and to discuss product lines/promotions.
- To pay supppliers.
- Fraud prevention.
Type of data collected:
- Tiggys Place Pet Supplies will advise if providing some personal data is optional, the following information will be sought with consent in order to process deliveries - Full name and personal details including contact information (home address, email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and social media profile (if applicable)).
- The following information will be sought with consent in order to repsond to information queries/customer questions or contact a customer regarding non-payment - contact information (email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and social media profile (if enquiry has come in via social media)).
- The following information will be sought with consent for marketing purposes, to inform customers of offers/promotions/events - contact information (email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and social media profile (if applicable)).
- For processing electronic payments a paypal ID is required unless a BACS payment is being made.
- Cookies are small encrypted text files that are sent to your browser from the websites you visit and are stored on your device. We use the following types of cookies on the website:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain until you leave our website or close the browser window. We use these to carry information across pages of our web site and in some cases, to prevent data from needing to be re-entered into forms.
- Analytic Cookies: We additionally make use of analytical cookies through Google Analytics. These cookies help us compile anonymous statistics that allow us to understand how visitors are using our web site, which pages are being visited, and help us improve it and its content. These cookies do not identify visitors personally. Our use of Google Analytics will set the following cookies on your device (information taken from http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html)
__utmb: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser, and is used to determine unique visitors to a site and is updated with each page view.
__utmb: This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When viewing a page, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals.
__utmc: Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user.
__utmz: This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation and is updated with each page view.
Google offers an opt-out tool available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout which allows you to opt out of all their Analytics tracking for all web sites as an add-on to most popular browsers.
To read more about cookies, what they mean, what they can be used for and why we have made this statement, please visithttp://www.aboutcookies.org. We may amend this policy in line with future changes in legislation or best practice.
- For recruiting purposes additional information will be sought from applicants via the form of C.V including education and employment details.
- For employment purposes additional information will be sought including valid ID (passport or driving licence), gender, trade union membership (if applicable), if applicant is under 18 (for HR reasons relating to employing juniors), if applicant is over 22 for pensions reasons, data concerning health that the company would need to know for safety of the employee (ie - allergies, medications and other life threatening conditions), Next of Kin details, Nationality/Right to work in the U.K/Visa status, proof of qualification (where required), National Insurance number and basic banking details (sort code/account number) for payment of wages will also be requested. The company will also hold details regarding the individuals personnel files, salary, details of any absences, annual leave and benefits (including work pension) and records of any injury, disease or dangerous occurance in accordance with health & safety regulations. Tiggys's Place Pet Supplies Ltd do not collect more sensitive data such as sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and religious preference as this serves no purpose.
Suppliers (current and potential):
- The following information will be sought with consent in order to place an order- contact information (email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and banking details (account name, sort code and account number).
- The following information will be sought with consent in order to make a donation (monetary or physical goods) - contact information (email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and banking details where applicable (account name, sort code and account number).
- The following information will be sought with consent in order to obtain more information regarding an event/make a booking - contact information (email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and banking details if required to make an electronic payment (account name, sort code and account number).
Other local businesses:
- The following information will be sought with consent for business networking purposes - business name, type of business, contact information (contact name, email address, landline telephone number or mobile telephone number and social media profile).
Methods of Data Colllection:
This data is collected directly only by the following means:
- When this information is presented by an individual on the phone.
- When an email is sent directly to Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd (@tiggysplace.com)
- When an order is placed online via the Tiggys Place website (www.tiggysplace.com)
- When an order is placed online via social media (www.facebook.com/tiggysplace and www.facebook.com/tiggysplacesouthcoast)
- When an order for a bespoke/special request item is placed in store (90 West St, PO16 9UQ)
- When a individual likes/comments on Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd or their community page (addresses as stated above)
- When a customer complete a loyalty card.
- Social Media - individuals in the local are contacted for one-off charity events (maximum twice a year). Personal identifiable information is obtained from the public domain.
- Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd do not get involved in automatic decision making.
- For employees (current, potential and historical) data will be gathered via the recruitment and employment process.
Sharing Personal Data:
- Tiggys Place Pet Supplies never pass on any personal identifiable information to any third parties with the exception of:
- 'drop-ship' orders in which case delivery name and address will be passed to trusted suppliers with the purpose of making that sole delivery. These suppliers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your information in line with European Legislation.
- brand loyalty cards in which case name and email address will be passed to trusted suppliers with the purpose of the customer receiving a free item in return. These suppliers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your information in line with European Legislation.
- where required by law.
- Tiggys Place Pet Supplies may share infomation in the event of a merger with the merging party as they will essentially become a partner of Tiggys Place Pet Supplies under the existing management.
- Tiggys Place Pet Supplies will not pass on any personal identifiable information in the event the business is sold.
- All personal data stays within the UK.
Storage of Personal Data:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Our laptops, desktops, mobile devices and social media accounts are protected by encryption.
- Tiggys' Place Pet Supplies website is protected by an SSL certificate.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password, user ID or PIN which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password, user ID or PIN confidential. We ask you not to share a password, user ID or PIN with anyone.
- Paypal ID is kept with paypal. This information appears only on the paypal account held by Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd which is secured by password.
Destruction of Personal Data:
- Information in paper form will be shredded.
- Emails will be deleted from inboxes, folders and the email bin.
- Electronic information will be deleted from local networks and computer recycle bins.
Retention Periods of Personal Data:
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you).
- Queries/Customer questions/Orders - Until consent is withdrawn
- Marketing / Newsletters - Until consent is withdrawn
- Accounting/auditing purposes - 7 years
- Suppliers - whilst Tiggys Place Pet Supplies Ltd remain an active customer.
- Employees - for the duration of employment.
- Telephone calls are not recorded.
- Text messages/Emails are not monitored/screened and are deleted after 5 days.
Opting In and Out:
- Customers are free at any time to give consent or withdraw consent. The consequence might be that Tiggys Place Pet Supplies can't do certain things for that customer - ie make deliveries, give information about promotions, etc.
- Customers are also able to change their preferred method of communication at any point.
- Social media customers can manage their social media preferences via that social media platform.
- Employees are legally obliged to provide certain information but can withdraw consent for optional information at any point. If employees (including potential employees) fail to provide certain information this may preclude contracts being mutually exchanged.
- Suppliers are free at any time to give consent or withdraw consent. The consequence might be that Tiggys Place Pet Supplies can't do certain things for that supplier - ie place orders, make payments etc.
- Individuals/Companies have the right to have personal data corrected if inaccurate.
- Individuals/Companies can object to the processing of their personal data. . The consequence might be that Tiggys Place Pet Supplies can't do certain things for that individual - ie make deliveries, give information about promotions, place orders, employ that individual etc.
- Individuals/Companies have the right to have their personal data erased (unless legally required to be retained).
- Individuals/Companies have the right to access their personally identifiable information in compliance with legislation (data protection law).
- Individuals/Companies have the right to complain to the regulatory body: Information Commissioners Officer (ICO - www.ico.org.uk)
This Data Protection Statement may be updated at anytime but any employees, customers or suppliers will be notified as soon as is reasonably practical.